* FOLDER WITH RECORDS: All puppies receive a vaccination record from my vet which will be in a folder along with other papers. The folder will also contain the health contract, spay/neuter contract, AKC reg papers, microchip information and tips on critical fear periods. I also send EIGHT puppy training emails prior to the puppy going home.
* TAIL DOCKING: The tails are docked & dew claws are removed by my vet. If you want the tail undocked you will need to be first pick on a litter for your specified gender. The puppies will not have their ears-cropped, I do not ear-crop and my vet does not either. If you want the ears cropped you will need to arrange the procedure with your vet.
* TWO VETERINARIAN EXAMS & 1st VACCINATIONS: The puppies get TWO veterinarian check-ups, are vaccinated with the first puppy booster and are microchipped by eight weeks old. My vet also performs a physical exam before the puppies go home which includes checking for no heart murmur, lungs are free of abnormalities, no ear or eye infections, glands are normal, teeth and gums are in perfect condition for the age and no parasites such as fleas, ticks, intestinal worms or mites (if for some reason the puppy were to test positive for a parasite after they leave here, let me know ASAP). Your puppy will go home at a healthy weight, proper nutrition and well-hydrated.
* INTESTINAL PARASITE PREVENTION: I give my puppies Strongid-T at 3 week old and Panacur at 5 and 7 weeks old. I take in a stool sample to my vet prior to the puppies going home (the sample goal is to be negative for worms, coccidia and giardia). The worming brand Panacur treats for roundworm, whipworm, tapeworms and hookworm. All dogs should be treated regularly for worms as the eggs live in the soil for weeks to years and you never know what areas are infected. Tapeworm comes from flea bites. Not all wormers treat for all four worms but Panacur and Drontal Plus cover all four. To my Puppy Families:Please let me know ASAP if your vet gets a positive stool sample result. This is unlikely with the worming precautions that I take but it’s still slightly possible to get a positive stool result at a later date.
*FLEA AND HEART WORM PREVENTATIVE: The puppies are treated with K9 Advantix II and Heartgard to protect against fleas and heart worm before leaving my home. I have had 100% NO fleas to date. This treatment is good for 30 to 60 days depending on your area and the flea and mosquito population.
* MINI-PUPPY GROOM (potty patch, trim corner of eyes, feet pads and nails) AND EXCELLENT HYGIENE: All puppies are bathed, puppy groomed and have a nail trim before leaving to their new homes. They also have clean ears that are free of infection. They are freshly bathed just a few hours before they go to their new home.
*AKC REGISTRATION PAPERS. I do require a spay and neuter contract stating you will provide me proof of spay/neuter which is done between 7 and 18 months of age. Send me the proof via email which is a receipt from your vet. Your puppy will be fully registered through the AKC but no offspring can be registered. I breed loving Miniature Schnauzer puppies for pet homes only. I do not want my breeding program to result in any of my bloodlines ending up in a rescue or shelter. I want to breed with accountability and thought for this breed
* COPY: OFFICIAL AKC LITTER CERTIFICATE:The Official AKC Litter Certificate contains basic litter information (AKC Registered Name, AKC Registration Number) for three generations of your litter's lineage.
* SOCIALIZED: Puppies are socialized with other pets and in a family environment -- they are home raised and well-adjusted when you take them home (the first 24 to 48 hours in a new home they may go through a small adjustment period). I spend a lot of quality time playing with the puppies and making sure that their transition from my home to yours goes smoothly. Please review my PUPPY ENRICHMENT TRAINING. Between my parent's nice temperaments and how I work with the puppies before they leave, they have a solid foundation to be wonderful adult dogs. However, it is up to you to continue training and nurturing a well-balanced puppy/dog or you can turn them into a monster--your choice. What you do regarding positive socialization outside the home and training has the biggest impact on them as they grow into adulthood.
* FIVE YEAR HEALTH CONTRACT: All puppies are covered under a Five-Year Miniature Schnauzer Health Guarantee and Contract, which covers genetic diseases that are life threatening (such as heart valve defects). This does not cover accidents, non-life-threatening issues or neglect by owner.
* FROMM HOLISTIC PUPPY FOOD from gofromm.com: I send home 7 days worth of the puppy kibble Fromm Gold Holistic Puppy Food. If you decide to use a different brand then mix it half and half until the Fromm is gone. Fromm is a 4.5 star puppy food. FEEDING: Start out with 1/4 cup twice a day and increase the amount as they grow to 1/3 twice daily and then 1/2 cup twice daily and puppies need twice as much as an adult so read the label for both adult and puppy food. Spayed and neutered adults may need less than the bag label because the hormone loss causes a lower metabolism. My ADULT Dogs eat Fromm too. I also recommend a PROBIOTIC. For puppies I suggest The Missing Link Puppy Health & for adult dogs Nusentia Probiotic Miracle Premium Blend
* BREEDER SUPPORT... when you have questions for me or need helpful advice, I will be available 24/7 and 365 days a year--within reason. This is a very important part of breeding. New families often need advice and information as they adjust with a new puppy. I do hold you accountable for training failures and/or confusion though.
** POTTY TRAINING INTRODUCTION: Before your puppy goes home I work on paper training. In the warmer months I work on potty training outside too. This helps make it easier on you and the puppy. HOWEVER, potty training is called TRAINING because it takes more than a few weeks. Full potty training takes several months. Potty training can be done in any season as young puppies are more tolerant of training in colder or rainy weather than adult dogs who become picky about the weather outside.
*** I also send EIGHT TRAINING EMAILS before the puppy goes home which covers potty training, nap time in the crate, barking and whining correction, correcting for nipping and sassiness, socialization with everything strange (strange people, other dogs, life outside of your home), feeding and not overfeeding, training for sit, etc, and to coming when called, as well as vet appointments you need to make them within THREE BUSINESS DAYS.